Full programme description
In this programme, we will learn about healthy eating, selecting well-balanced meals using My Healthy Plate and other useful information about nutrition.
This programme consists of 6 courses:
In this programme, we will learn:
- What is “Healthy Eating” and why it is important.
- How to eat the right amounts of food to stay healthy.
- What are the six essential nutrients our body needs.
- What are the different food groups.
- What we should eat less of.
- How to choose healthier ingredients and cooking methods.
- How to tell which foods are healthier using the Healthier Choice Symbol (HCS).
- What is My Healthy Plate and how to use it to select a well-balanced meal.
- What are the serving sizes for different food groups and how many servings to eat a day.
- What are the healthier foods to have when having a snack.
- The importance of water.
- How much water is required daily.
- What to eat and drink to replenish fluid loss.
- The importance of micronutrients like vitamins and minerals.
- What to eat to get all the vitamins and minerals required.
- How to calculate Body Mass Index (BMI).
- What are calories and how to find our daily calorie requirement.
- What are Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA).
- How to maintain a healthy weight.
- What is a Food Label and why it is important.
- Read a food label.
- Recognise and read the Usage Instructions.
- Recognise and read the Nutrition Information Panel (NIP).
This programme is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this programme after signing in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)