Full course description
We need food for energy in order to function and to stay alive. Food gives us energy, but not all types of food are good for us.
This course will share what are the healthy foods that are good for us, how to choose healthy foods to eat more of, and what are the unhealthy foods that we should avoid or eat less of.
In this course, we will learn about:
- What Is “Healthy Eating” and Why Is It Important?
- Eating the Right Amounts.
- The Six Essential Nutrients Our Body Needs.
- The Different Food Groups.
- Unhealthy Foods: Take Less Of.
- Choose Healthier Ingredients and Cooking Methods.
- Look for the Healthier Choice Symbol (HCS).
In this course, we will learn:
- What is “Healthy Eating” and why it is important.
- How to eat the right amounts of food to stay healthy.
- What are the six essential nutrients our body needs.
- What are the different food groups.
- What we should eat less of.
- How to choose healthier ingredients and cooking methods.
- How to tell which foods are healthier using the Healthier Choice Symbol (HCS).
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)