Full course description
In order to make healthier food choices, we need to learn how to read food labels and Nutrition Information Panels (NIPs). Most packaged foods come with a food label and nutrition information meant to tell us all the information we need to know about what we are eating.
This course will share about food labels and the nutrition information found on Nutrition Information Panels (NIPs).
In this course, we will learn about:
- What Is a Food Label and Why Is It Important?
- How to Read Food Labels.
- How to Find and Read Usage Instructions.
- How to Read and Compare Nutrition Information.
- How to Find and Read Nutrition Information Panels.
- Looking for the Healthier Choice Symbol (HCS).
- How to Choose Between Two Foods.
- Foods Without Food Labels and NIPs.
In this course, we will learn:
- What is a Food Label and why it is important.
- Read a food label.
- Recognise and read the Usage Instructions.
- Recognise and read the Nutrition Information Panel (NIP).
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)