Full programme description
In this programme, we will learn what are the various modes of public transport in Singapore, how to plan a journey and how to travel using the different modes of public transport.
- Middle Years (11 – 14 years old) and above
This programme consists of 6 courses:
In this programme, we will learn:
- The meaning of common pedestrian signs.
- How to safely use the different types of pedestrian crossings.
- How to stay safe around road hazards.
- The different modes of public transport.
- What is an ez-link card.
- How to check stored value and top up an ez-link card.
- How to check bus and train (MRT) operating hours.
- What information is required to start planning a journey by public transport.
- What are the essential items to bring when travelling on public transport.
- What navigation apps and tools can be used to plan a travel route to reach a destination.
- To locate and queue for a specific bus in a bus interchange.
- To flag down a specific bus from a bus stop safely.
- To board and alight from a bus safely.
- To pay the bus fare using an ez-link card or cash.
- To be considerate to others on the bus.
- To stay safe on the bus.
- To manage unexpected situations on a bus journey.
- To use an ez-link card or a single trip ticket at the MRT fare gate.
- To locate a specific train station and platform to board the train.
- To board and alight from a train safely.
- To be considerate to others in the MRT station and on the train.
- To stay safe in the MRT station and on the train.
- To manage unexpected situations on a train journey.
- To buy a single trip train ticket.
- To cope with train disruptions or delays.
- To read and understand the Train System Map.
- To read and understand directional signs, banners, posters and symbols at MRT stations and on MRT trains.
- How to flag down a taxi from a safe location along the road.
- How to communicate the intended destination to the driver.
- How to wait safely for the taxi or private hire vehicle at a prearranged location.
- How to board and alight from a taxi or private hire vehicle safely.
- How to fasten and unfasten seat belts.
- How to stay safe while in a taxi or private hire vehicle.
- What to do if the taxi or private hire vehicle is caught in heavy traffic.
- What to do if we left something behind in a taxi or private hire vehicle.
- What to use to book a taxi or private hire vehicle.
This programme is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this programme after signing in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)