Full course description
In this course, we will learn how to take a taxi and what are the safe behaviours to remember when taking a taxi. These will also apply when we take a private hire vehicle. We will also learn what we can use to book a taxi or a private hire vehicle.
This course is recommended for:
- Middle Years (11 – 14 years old) and above
In this course, we will learn about:
- The Public Taxi System and Private Hire Vehicles in Singapore
- Steps to Take the Taxi
- Safe Behaviour When Taking a Taxi
- Other Ways to Get a Taxi
- If We Leave Something Behind in a Taxi
- What to Do (Additional Scenarios)
- Private Hire Vehicle Bookings
In this course, we will learn:
- How to flag down a taxi from a safe location along the road.
- How to communicate the intended destination to the driver.
- How to wait safely for the taxi or private hire vehicle at a prearranged location.
- How to board and alight from a taxi or private hire vehicle safely.
- How to fasten and unfasten seat belts.
- How to stay safe while in a taxi or private hire vehicle.
- What to do if the taxi or private hire vehicle is caught in heavy traffic.
- What to do if we left something behind in a taxi or private hire vehicle.
- What to use to book a taxi or private hire vehicle.
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)