Food Preparation Skills is a Course
Food Preparation Skills
Started 6 Apr 2022
Full course description
In this course, we will learn food preparation skills that are usually required when preparing meals. These skills can also be applied when preparing food for storage in the refrigerator or freezer, after purchasing food groceries.
This course is recommended for:
- Middle Years (11 – 14 years old) and above
In this course, we will learn how to:
- Wash or rinse food
- Thaw frozen food
- Use the can opener, kitchen scissors, vegetable peeler, grater and strainer
- Measure food quantities
In this course, we will learn to:
- Describe the steps taken to wash or rinse different types of ingredients
- Describe the different methods to thaw frozen food
- Recognise and describe the use of different kitchen tools to prepare food
- Recognise and describe the use of different measuring tools for measurement of food quantity
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)