Visiting a Dental Clinic
Full course description
To keep our teeth and gums healthy, we should visit a dental clinic once every 6 months. This will allow the dentist to discover any issues with our teeth and gums early, e.g. dental caries or cavities, gum disease, etc.
This course will share why we should visit a dental clinic regularly, how we can make an appointment online, and what we can expect at the dental clinic.
Resource for Parents, Caregivers, Educators, and Coaches
This course contains learning resources and visual supports for parents, caregivers, educators, and coaches to:
- Understand the dental services available in Singapore.
- Use the content to help explain certain aspects or prepare their child, student, or client for visits to the dentist.
In this course, we will learn about:
- Why Do We Need to Visit the Dentist Regularly?
- Youth Preventive Dental Service (YPDS)
- Different Dental Clinics and Services
- Making a Dental Appointment
- Registering at the Dental Clinic
- The Setup of a Dental Consultation and Treatment Room
- What to Expect for a Dental Consultation
- Describing Our Discomfort or Issue in a Dental Emergency
- Making Payment
- Following Social Rules, Waiting, and Asking for Help in a Dental Clinic
In this course, we will learn to:
- Make a dental appointment
- Visit a dental clinic
- Describe our discomfort/issue, if any, in a dental consultation with a dentist
- Ask for help in a dental clinic
- Take note of important social rules when visiting a dental clinic
This online course is open for Pathlight School students, Parents, and Educators to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Parents can enrol in this course using their child’s/ward’s Learn for Life eCampus account.
Educators can enrol in this course using their own eCampus account.
Autism Resource Centre (S)