Full course description
The Internet and social media have created new ways for us to connect with our friends and family. We now can interact with people from different countries and cultures, something which was previously not possible.
However, technology has shifted our expectations of friendships. We are now more pressured to be 'always connected' and popular. This gives rise to new challenges and complexities of friendships in this digital age.
In this course, we will learn how we can connect and interact positively with people online.
This course covers the following topics:
- Understanding Netiquette
- Social Interactions Online
- Dealing with Cyberbullying
- Positive Digital Reputation
In this course, we will learn to:
- Apply positive online behaviour to be respectful online
- Understand the different aspects of offline and online friendship
- Recognise what cyberbullying is and its impact on the victims
- Identify strategies for dealing with cyberbullying
- Describe the ways to build and maintain a positive digital reputation
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)