Full course description
This course is designed to help pre-teen girls understand what happens to their bodies during puberty and how they can manage the change.
This course is organised into three modules:
- Growing Up and Managing Body Changes
- Emotional Changes
- Why Learning about Changes Is Important
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Indicate knowledge of bodily changes during puberty
- Indicate knowledge of how to cope with these changes
- Indicate knowledge of what menstruation is
- Indicate knowledge of how to throw away used pads properly
- Indicate understanding of why we should learn about changes and what is OK/NOT-OK to do
- Practice what to do when uncomfortable with body changes and changes in feelings
This course is introduced to Pathlight school Students in primary 6 as part of their on-campus lessons.
Parents may also request to enrol in this course if they wish to go through the contents with their child/ward earlier.
Parents can send an enrolment request to eCampus Help Desk with the following details:
- Student Name
- Student Level and Class
- Student BC/IC Number
- Student Gender
Autism Resource Centre (S)