Full course description
This course comprises 5 teaching videos recorded by Dr Jo-Ann Netto-Shek. They are aligned to Ministry of Education's 2010 English Language Syllabus and cover important and useful tips on the basics of teaching English. The skills and strategies imparted will help you deliver an effective and differentiated English lesson.
This course covers five modules:
- The 5 Essential Qualities of Effective English Lessons
- Understanding English Learning as Literacy Learning
- The 6 Language Arts
- Instructional Talk for English Learning
- Differentiating English Instruction
In this course, you will learn:
- how to craft an effective English lesson
- the different theories of language and literacy learning and how to apply them
- what are the 6 language arts, 2 language knowledge and how to organise these 8 areas into your English lessons
- the 7 characteristics of good instructional talk for English learning
- how to differentiate your English Instruction so that all your pupils' needs are met
This course is available to Pathlight School / ARC(S) staff.
Please contact Pathlight eCampus if you are a staff and would like to access this course.