Full course description
In this course, we will learn how to eat well by understanding:
- what are healthy and unhealthy food
- how to make well-balanced meal choices using My Healthy Plate
- what do Body Mass Index (BMI), Calories and Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) mean
This course contains two sections with seven modules.
Section 1 (Suitable for Middle Years and above):
- The Importance of Eating Well
- Healthy Versus Unhealthy Food
- Selecting Well-Balanced Meals Using My Healthy Plate
Section 2 (Suitable for Senior Years and above):
- BMI, Calories and Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA)
- Understanding Food Labels and Nutrition Information
Each module will take 30 minutes to complete, excluding assignments.
In this course, we will learn:
- why we need to eat healthily
- how to identify healthy food to include in our diet
- how to identify unhealthy food to reduce intake of
- why we need to drink sufficient water
- how to select a well-balanced meal using My Healthy Plate
- what are calories and how much we require in a day
- how to read and understand food labels and nutrition information
- what is Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA)
- how to identify and select suitable Dietary Supplements to take
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)