Full course description
In this course, we will learn to identify key home safety hazards and how to keep the home safe for us and our family.
This course covers five modules:
- Securing My Home
- Window and Balcony Safety
- Fire Safety and Prevention
- How to Respond to Visitors
- Getting Help in a Home Emergency
Students will learn:
- why and when we should lock our doors
- how to lock our doors and windows
- to observe safety practices for windows and balconies
- to identify common fire hazards, observe fire safety and prevention practices
- how to use a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket
- to identify strangers, how to respond to visitors, and who we can trust to open our doors to
- to identify criminal and medical emergencies, and how to get help from trusted adults, police and SCDF
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.
Autism Resource Centre (S)