Was Singapore an Accidental Nation? is a Course
Was Singapore an Accidental Nation?
Started 31 Jan 2019
Full course description
This course brings us on a learning journey to explore and discover the history of Singapore. We will encounter the stories of people who lived in the past, and how their lives and experiences played a role into the independence of Singapore.
This course covers two modules:
- People’s Perceptions Before, During and After Japanese Occupation
- Aspirations After 1945 – Road to Independence
Students will learn:
- people’s views towards Singapore before the Japanese Occupation
- how people’s experiences during the Japanese Occupation and post-war British rule affected people’s views towards Singapore
- how people’s views towards Singapore changed or remained after the Japanese Occupation
- the different aspirations of the various groups of people in Singapore after 1945
- the constitutional developments in Singapore after 1945
- to identify the role of global forces in influencing political developments in Singapore
- how the different political parties and their proponents sought to gain support from the people in their struggle for independence
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.