Full course description
This course is a basic introduction to "The Mole", a basic unit of measurement used in stoichiometry (the quantitative study of chemicals).
This course contains three modules:
- Atoms and Relative Atomic Mass of Elements
- Relative Molecular Mass and Relative Formula Mass
- What Is a Mole, Avogadro’s Constant and Chemical Formula
Students will learn to:
- define relative atomic mass (Ar)
- define relative molecular mass (Mr)
- calculate relative molecular mass (and relative formula mass) as the sum of relative atomic masses
- calculate the number of moles of substances in a reaction.
- calculate the volume of a gas at room temperature and pressure.
- calculate the concentration of solutions in g/dm3 or mol/dm3
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.