Chemical Bonding is a Course
Started 3 Feb 2020
Full course description
In this course, we will learn how to draw electron structures for ionic and covalent compounds, as well as understand the electronic configuration of a noble gas.
This course contains three modules:
- Drawing Electron Structures of Ions
- Draw Dot-and-Cross Diagram for Ionic Compound
- Draw Dot-and-Cross Diagram for Covalent Compound
Students will learn to:
- describe the stable configuration of a noble gas
- describe the formation of positive ions (cations) and negative ions (anions) to achieve the electronic configuration of a noble gas
- draw electron structure of the ions
- name and state formula of common polyatomic ions such as NH4+, OH- ,CO32-,NO3- ,HCO3-, SO42- and PO43-
- define valency
- write chemical formula of ionic compound and covalent compound
- draw a dot-and-cross diagram for ionic compounds and covalent compounds.
This online course is open for Pathlight School students to access.
Pathlight School students can enrol in this course after logging in to Learn for Life eCampus.